top of page
Entry to the Old Barn Gallery through an avenue of pin oak trees

Much of the original material used for this was salvaged from the old Molonglo Internment Camp when it closed in the 1930's.  This camp was situated where modern-day Fyshwick now stands.  The Old Barn was recently restored using original material from other farm buildings - including hand adzed red gum slabs and the original floor boards and doors from the Molonglo Camp. 

The lights were made from Noel Eliot's old seedling protectors! Still housed in the barn and surrounds are items of original farm machinery from the 1949's which were operated by long fan belts driven by an electric motor housed in the original loft.

Until recently there had always been horses on the farm - evidenced by the 5 generations of riding boots.

In recent times an extension has been added to The Old Barn. This extension was build using more old materials from around the farm and designed in a similar style to the original building. It includes a kitchen and toilet to provide catering options. 

The Old Barn was opened as an art gallery in 2020 and will continue on this path in the future, providing new and young artists with exhibition opportunities to get started in the industry.

bottom of page